- Understand the motivation to pursue ultra-wide bandgap semiconductors and Gallium Oxide for enhanced electrical device performance
- Understand the growth and doping of Gallium Oxide bulk crystals, thin films and alloys
- Correlate the relationship between material property, materials processing and device performance
- Gain knowledge on state-of-the-art devices in both lateral and vertical topologies
- Gain knowledge on the prospects, limitations and challenges for Gallium Oxide materials and devices
Prof. Sriram Krishnamoorthy, Assistant Professor, Materials Department, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for students, technologists, academic and industrial researchers involved in compound semiconductors research for electronic applications. Physicists, material scientists and device engineers looking to gain an understanding and broadening of their knowledge in an emerging and fast moving field of ultra-wide band gap material system (Gallium Oxide) will find the webinar very beneficial. Background and exposure to basic concepts of semiconductors is desirable. Nevertheless, fundamental concepts relevant to the webinar will be quickly reviewed before advanced discussion of the topics.
- $200 (AVS Platinum Member)
- $250 (Non-Member or AVS Gold/Silver Member)
- $50 (Full-time Student/Requires Student I.D.)
Times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Check your timezone accordingly!
Each webinar includes a link to a pdf file of the copyrighted webinar notes. During the webinar you may ask questions. Presenters will review and answer them periodically throughout the presentation.
You must be present the day of the webinar, recorded versions will not be available.
Save with AVS Membership
Be a part of AVS to grow professionally and personally. Kickstart your visibility on your path toward a successful career through AVS Platinum Membership. Whether you are regularly attending and presenting your research at AVS events, or publishing your latest discoveries in our core journals, AVS can help you make important connections, and build your reputation as a knowledgeable, reliable, and proven leader. AVS Platinum Membership also provides discounts on various conferences, short courses and webinars.
JOIN TODAY TO EXPAND YOUR NETWORK!
Questions about Membership: Contact Angela Klink, AVS Member Services Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Other AVS Events
AVS National Short Course Program (September-Fall)
September 14-23, 2021
- 7 AVS Short Courses (Virtual Program)
AVS Southern California Chapter Short Course Program (IN PERSON)
September 27-29, 2021
Holiday Inn Buena Park
Buena Park, CA
- 2 AVS Short Courses (In Person Program)
AVS Mid-Atlantic Chapter Short Course Program (November)
November 11, 2021
- 1 AVS Short Course (Virtual Program)
AVS Courses by Request
If you are interested in seeing an AVS Short Course offered in 2021 please complete the AVS Courses by Request form.
Do your employees need training now? Are budgets tight? Let AVS bring our short courses and qualified instructors to your organization during these tough economic times via Zoom. Please complete the AVS Onsite/Online Training request form to receive a proposal.
AVS e-Talk: Soft Electronic and Microfluidic Systems for the Skin
October 5, 2021
1:00-2:00 p.m. EST
Instructor: John Rogers
AVS e-Talk: What Limits Solar Cell Efficiencies?
Guide for the Perplexed to the Shockley-Queisser Model
November 9, 2021
1:00-2:00 p.m. EST
Instructor: David Cahen
December 9, 2021
1:00-5:00 p.m. EST
Instructor: Adrie Mackus