- Present the basic concepts of ALD and its various configurations
- Provide an overview of ALD materials and type of ALD equipment
- Present applications of ALD in the semiconductor industry, including in logic, memory and patterning
- Give an insight into applications of ALD in other (emerging) high volume manufacturing markets including photovoltaics, battery technology, displays, etc.
- Discuss many other applications of ALD in niche markets and in research labs: from protective to optical coatings and from biomedical applications to catalysis and quantum technology
Erwin Kessels, Professor, Department of Applied Physics
Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Erwin Kessels is a professor at the Eindhoven University of Technology TU/e and he is the scientific director of the NanoLab@TU/e clean room facilities. Erwin received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree in Applied Physics from the TU/e in 1996 and 2000, respectively. His research interests cover the field of synthesis of ultrathin films and nanostructures using methods such as (plasma-enhanced) atomic layer deposition (ALD) and atomic layer etching (ALE). He has contributed most prominently by his work on plasma-assisted ALD, his research related to ALD for photovoltaics, and ALD for nanopatterning (including area-selective ALD). Erwin has won several awards (the AVS Peter Mark Memorial Award in 2007; the ALD Innovation Award in 2019) and he has organized various conferences in the field of ALD and ALE. He is an associate editor of the Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology. He is also the driving force behind the AtomicLimits.com blog and the founder of the ALD Academy.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for researchers, students, technologists and others involved or interested in thin films and atomic layer deposition (ALD) who would like to obtain an overview of the many applications of ALD and the unique features it provides for these applications. The webinar will be valuable for a large audience including advanced users of ALD as well as newcomers to the field.
- $200 (AVS Platinum Member)
- $250 (Non-Member or AVS Gold/Silver Member)
- $50 (Full-time Student/Requires Student I.D.)
Times listed are Eastern Standard Time (EST). Check your timezone accordingly!
Each webinar includes a link to a pdf file of the copyrighted webinar notes. During the webinar you may ask questions. Presenter(s) will review and answer them periodically throughout the presentation.
You must be present the day of the webinar, recorded versions will not be available.
Save with AVS Membership
Be a part of AVS to grow professionally and personally. Kickstart your visibility on your path toward a successful career through AVS Platinum Membership. Whether you are regularly attending and presenting your research at AVS events, or publishing your latest discoveries in our core journals, AVS can help you make important connections, and build your reputation as a knowledgeable, reliable, and proven leader. AVS Platinum Membership also provides discounts on various conferences, short courses and webinars.
JOIN TODAY TO EXPAND YOUR NETWORK!
Questions about Membership: Contact Angela Klink, AVS Member Services Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
NEW! AVS Online Training Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Other AVS Events
AVS Online Short Course Program
February 1-11, 2022
10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST
- Plasma Etching and RIE: Fundamentals and Applications
- Basics of Radio Frequency Technology
- Partial Pressure Analysis with Residucal Gas Analyzers
- Atomic Layer Etching
- Plasma-Enhanced CVD: Fundamentals, Techniques and Applications
- UHV Design and Practices
AVS Courses by Request
If you are interested in seeing an AVS Short Course offered in 2022 please complete the AVS Courses by Request form.
Do your employees need training now? Are budgets tight? Let AVS bring our short courses and qualified instructors to your organization during these tough economic times via Zoom. Please complete the AVS Onsite/Online Training request form to receive a proposal.