AVS National Online Short Course Program Now Available!
- $350/$600 (AVS Platinum Member)
- $400/$700 (AVS Gold or Silver Member-Click Here to Upgrade to Platinum Now and Save All Year)
- $400/$700 (Non-Member)
- $200/$300 (Full-time Student/Requires Student I.D.)
Times listed are Eastern Standard Time (EST). Check your timezone!
Each course will include a link to a pdf file of the copyrighted course notes. During the online course you may ask questions. Instructors will review and answer them periodically throughout the course.
You must be present the day of the course, recorded versions are not available.
Save with AVS Membership
Save $50 per AVS Webinar with an AVS Platinum Membership. The savings from just two webinars is equivalent to the price of an AVS Platinum Membership, which provides discounts on conferences/short courses as well as access to the AVS publications and technical libraries, career services, and more. Don’t miss out on these savings. Contact Angela Klink, AVS Member Services Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code or to upgrade to Platinum.
NEW! Online Training Sponsorship Opportunities Available
AVS Online Training has new sponsorship opportunities available. If you would like to sponsor an upcoming AVS short course program (public programs only), webinar, and/or e-Talk click here!
Plasma Etching and RIE: Fundamentals & Applications
(1 or 2 day option: Day 1-Fundamentals; Day 2-Applications)
Wednesday, February 2, 2022 (Day 2: Applications)
- Know the basic concepts of plasma etching.
- Understand the physics of RF glow discharges (both high and low density).
- Understand the surface science aspects of reactive ion etching (RIE).
- Learn about plasma-surface chemistry leading to etching.
- Recognize the factors that influence etching anisotropy.
Basics of Radio Frequency Technology (1-day)
- Understand the radio frequency (RF) plasma system as an electronic circuit.
- Learn a systematic approach to viewing a RF plasma system.
- Know techniques for maintaining and troubleshooting RF systems.
Partial Pressure Analysis with Residual Gas Analyzers
- Basic operation principles of mass spectrometers for residual gas analysis.
- How to specify the best RGA system configuration for your application.
- How to configure RGA software and process control I/O to perform gas analysis and track real-time changes in gas composition.
- Routine maintenance, tuning and calibration procedures.
- Quantitative compositional analysis and process control (actionable information) options.
- Spectral Interpretation: Quickly and effectively interpret typical RGA spectra. Monitor the quality of your vacuum process. Fingerprint your gas chamber. Chamber matching opportunities.
- How to differentiate between background and process gases
- Typical chemical interactions between RGAs and sampled gases.
Atomic Layer Etching
- Learn the fundamentals of ALE based on sequential self-limiting reactions.
- Understand the differences between plasma ALE and thermal ALE.
- Learn about the surface chemistry and reactors for ALE.
- Understand why plasma ALE can obtain atomic layer precise anisotropic etching.
- Learn how thermal ALE can achieve atomic layer precise isotropic etching.
- Learn how ALE can be utilized for thin film nanoengineering and device fabrication.
- Understand the many current and potential applications of ALE.
Plasma-Enhanced CVD: Fundamentals, Applications & Techniques (1 day)
- Learn why, where and how PECVD is used in industrial applications ranging from solar photovoltaics and semiconductors to hard coatings.
- Understand how the process variables affect the properties of materials and device performance.
- Learn and understand the basics of plasma equipment design and operation.
- Get a broad overview of current manufacturing equipment and fabrication processes.
UHV Design and Practices
- Understand the pump factors that limit ultimate pressure.
- Know the degassing methods that minimize the total outgassing rate.
- Learn how to measure total and partial pressures in UHV.
- Learn the operating methods necessary to maintain UHV.
Other AVS Events
AVS Courses by Request
If you are interested in seeing an AVS Short Course offered in 2022 please complete the AVS Courses by Request form.
AVS Onsite/Online Training
Do your employees need training now? Are budgets tight? Let AVS bring our short courses and qualified instructors to your organization during these tough economic times via Zoom. Please complete the AVS Onsite/Online Training request form to receive a proposal.