- Thin film deposition techniques for polymer substrates
- Theories behind fragmentation testing/tensile straining of thin films on compliant substrates
- Constant volume approximation for electrical resistance measurements
- Monotonic and cyclic tensile straining methods: in-situ and ex-situ
- Cyclic bending methods: in-situ and ex-situ
- Interface characterization
- Known material influences: thickness, architecture, residual stress, substrates
- Failure criteria and outlook on the field
Megan J. Cordill, Vice Director
Erich Schmid Institute for Materials Science
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Christian Mitterer, Head/Professor
Dept of Materials Science
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for researchers, students, technologists and others involved in research with flexible thin film systems who are looking to gain an understanding or broaden their knowledge on deposition methods and electro-mechanical characterization techniques. The course will be beneficial to a large audience, from young scientists to engineers, as various aspects from thin film fabrication, theories, instrumentation, and materials science-based design guidelines will be discussed in the context of creating long-lasting flexible electronic devices..
- $250 (AVS Platinum Member)
- $300 (AVS Gold or Silver Member-Click Here to Upgrade to Platinum Now and Save All Year)
- $300 (Non-Member)
- $50 (Full-time Student/Requires Student I.D.)
Times listed are Eastern Standard Time (EST). Check your timezone accordingly!
Each webinar includes a link to a pdf file of the copyrighted webinar notes. During the webinar you may ask questions. Presenters will review and answer them periodically throughout the presentation.
You must be present the day of the webinar, recorded versions will not be available.
Save with AVS Membership
Save $50 per AVS Webinar with an AVS Platinum Membership. The savings from just two webinars is equivalent to the price of an AVS Platinum Membership, which provides discounts on conferences/short courses as well as access to the AVS publications and technical libraries, career services, and more. Don’t miss out on these savings. Contact Angela Klink, AVS Member Services Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code or to upgrade to Platinum.
Other AVS Events
AVS 2021 Short Course programs (Chapter, National, Webinars, and e-Talks) will be posted on the AVS Short Schedule page as they become available. Please bookmark the webpage to view upcoming training opportunities.
AVS Webinar: Gallium Oxide Materials and Devices for Next Generation Ultra-Wide Bandgap Electronics
April 8, 2021
1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. EDT
Instructor: Sriram Krishnamoorthy
AVS Courses by Request
If you are interested in seeing an AVS Short Course offered in 2021 please complete the AVS Courses by Request form.
Do your employees need training now? Are budgets tight? Let AVS bring our short courses and qualified instructors to your organization during these tough economic times via Zoom. Please complete the AVS Onsite/Online Training request form to receive a proposal.