AVS National Short Course Program
Cost Per Course:
- AVS Platinum Member - $1,820
- AVS Gold or Silver Member - $1,895
Click Here to Upgrade to Platinum Now and Save All Year
- Non-Member - $1,895
- Full-time Student/Requires Student I.D. - $800
Course Includes: Course notes and lunch (Tuesday-Thursday in the Exhibition Hall, while supplies last)
Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232
Course Times: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Save with AVS Membership
Save $75 per AVS Short Course with an AVS Platinum Membership. The savings from just two courses is equivalent to the price of an AVS Platinum Membership, which provides discounts on conferences, short courses and webinars as well as access to the AVS publications and technical libraries, career services, and more. Don’t miss out on these savings. Contact Angela Klink, AVS Member Services Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code or to upgrade to Platinum.
Fundamentals of Vacuum Technology
- Understand vacuum fundamentals essential to operating, maintaining, designing, or using vacuum systems.
- Know the working principles and limitations of pumps, gauges, and other vacuum system components.
- Understand the procedures for operating and performing preventive maintenance on vacuum systems, including analyzing and troubleshooting malfunctioning vacuum systems and leak detection.
- Learn the design concepts involved in matching equipment and instrumentation to applications.
AVS 69 International Symposium & Exhibition
"Two is Better than One: Breaking Barriers with Coupled PHenomena"
Featuring Presentations on Emerging Topics Related to Materials, Processing & Interfaces
The AVS International Symposium and Exhibition addresses cutting edge issues associated with materials, processing and interfaces in both the research and manufacturing communities.
The weeklong Symposium fosters a multidisciplinary environment that cuts across traditional boundaries between disciplines, featuring papers from AVS Technical Division, Groups, Focus Topics on emerging technologies and more.
An extensive Exhibition of related equipment, tools, materials, supplies, chemicals, services, consulting, technical literature, and new technologies are showcased during the week.
Other AVS Events
AVS Courses by Request
If you are interested in seeing an AVS Short Course offered in 2024 please complete the AVS Courses by Request form. (Recommended for individual training)
AVS Onsite/Online Training
Do your employees need training now? Are budgets tight? Let AVS bring our short courses and qualified instructors to your organization either onsite at your facility or virtually via Zoom. Please complete the AVS Onsite/Online Training request form to receive a proposal. (Recommended for group training)