AVS National Online Short Course Program Now Available!
- $350/$650 (AVS Platinum Member)
- $400/$700 (AVS Gold or Silver Member-Click Here to Upgrade to Platinum Now and Save All Year)
- $400/$700 (Non-Member)
- $200/$300 (Full-time Student/Requires Student I.D.)
Course Times (Vary): Please see dates and times noted with each course description below. (Some courses are listed as 2 half days and others are full days)
- 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. (ET) or
- 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (ET)
Times listed are Eastern Time (ET). Check your timezone!
Each course will include a link to a pdf file of the copyrighted course notes. During the online course you may ask questions. Instructors will review and answer them periodically throughout the course.
You must be present the day of the course, recorded versions are not available.
Save with AVS Membership
Save $50 per AVS Short Course with an AVS Platinum Membership. The savings from just two courses is equivalent to the price of an AVS Platinum Membership, which provides discounts on conferences, short courses and webinars as well as access to the AVS publications and technical libraries, career services, and more. Don’t miss out on these savings. Contact Angela Klink, AVS Member Services Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code or to upgrade to Platinum.
NEW! AVS Online Training Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Would your company like to sponsor an upcoming AVS Short Course Program (public programs only), Webinar, and/or e-Talk? AVS Online Training has new sponsorship opportunities available.
Plasma-Enhanced CVD: Fundamentals, Techniques, & Applications
- Learn why, where and how PECVD is used in industrial applications ranging from solar photovoltaics and semiconductors to hard coatings.
- Understand how the process variables affect the properties of materials and device performance.
- Learn and understand the basics of plasma equipment design and operation.
- Get a broad overview of current manufacturing equipment and fabrication processes.
Reactive Sputtering and Deposition
- Understand reactive processes for doping films.
- Learn about deposition methods and applications.
- Know the methods for sputtering insulators: AC, RF, Pulsed DC, ion beams, etc.
- Understand process monitoring and control methods as well as process modeling.
Basics of Radio Frequency Technology
- Understand the radio frequency (RF) plasma system as an electronic circuit.
- Learn a systematic approach to viewing a RF plasma system.
- Know techniques for maintaining and troubleshooting RF systems.
Plasma Etching and RIE: Fundamentals & Applications
(1 or 2 day option: Day 1-Fundamentals; Day 2-Applications)
Wednesday, October 11, 2023 (Day 2: Applications)
- Know the basic concepts of plasma etching.
- Understand the physics of RF glow discharges (both high and low density).
- Understand the surface science aspects of reactive ion etching (RIE).
- Learn about plasma-surface chemistry leading to etching.
- Recognize the factors that influence etching anisotropy.
Other AVS Events
AVS National Short Course Program - IN PERSON
Oregon Convention Center, Portland, Oregon
November 6-9, 2023
- Fundamentals of Vacuum Technology (4 days)
AVS Courses by Request
If you are interested in seeing an AVS Short Course offered in 2024 please complete the AVS Courses by Request form. (Recommended for individual training)
AVS Onsite/Online Training
Do your employees need training now? Are budgets tight? Let AVS bring our short courses and qualified instructors to your organization during these tough economic times via Zoom. Please complete the AVS Onsite/Online Training request form to receive a proposal. (Recommended for group training)